Things To Do in San José del Cabo & Cabo Airport Layover Ideas
Things to do in San José del Cabo if you have a Cabo Airport Layover or Extended Cabo Airport Stopover
Swim with the Dolphins
Swimming with dolphins has been described as one of life's most amazing experiences. As it's a popular activity "bucket list" activity, book early if this is important to you.
Enjoy the Watersports
Watersports in the Los Cabos area are some of the best in the world. Cabo is a good surfing destination, since many of the beaches on the east cape road pick up the southern swells. Kayaking is popular here, and there's some great snorkling to be had. You can get to the beaches are accessible on the coastal road on your way to Cabo Pulmo, and Shipwrecks Beach is a favourite, especially duringthe summer. Or go fishing!
Go Whale Watching
Between January and March, a must-see activity is whale watching, when these remarkable creatures come to Cabo's warm waters. If you happen to be holidaying here in early March, consider yourself lucky, as that's when the whales are particularly abundant.
Scuba diving is considered to be especially good in Cabo, as you can watch underwater sandfalls under water, a spectacle provided by nature.
Offroad adventures via all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or mountain bike excursions are a fun and exciting way to explore Cabo. Guided tours will take you through the desert, sand dunes, beaches and mountains. Most tours include an ATV or mountain bike, expert tour guide, rappel instructor and gear, water, energy bars and transportation. Go have fun!
Mexico's La Paz
La Paz (Mexico) is featured in John Steinbeck's 'The Pearl', a novel based on a Mexican folk tale about the area's most valuable natural resource. This old Mexican port city has an anthropology museum offering insights into the island's first inhabitants 10,000 years ago. You can even see rock paintings dating back to the time of the early settlers.
Todos Santos and Eagles' 'Hotel California' Tribute
Todos Santos, a perfect side trip from Cabo, is a small town of 4000 people that is filled with art and culture. Todos Santos The is a tribute to the Eagles 'Hotel California'. With its colonial architecture and old monastery, you'll feel transported back through time to a time of adventure and mystery.
More Cabo Airport Transfer & Airport Connection Options
- Cabo Airport Information
- Cabo Airport Distance to City Centre
- Cabo Airport Currency Exchange
- Cabo Airport ATM & Cash Machines
- Cabo Airport Wireless Internet Access
- Cabo Airport Maps
- Cabo Airport Flights, Arrivals, & Airlines
- Cabo Airport Taxi Service
- Cabo Airport Onsite Hotels
- Cabo Airport Private Transfer Services
- Cabo Airport Shared Shuttle Transfers
- Cabo Airport Location & Address
- Cabo Airport Train & Subway
- Cabo Airport Hotel Shuttle Transfers
- Cabo Airport Shuttle
- Cabo Airport Buses & Coaches
- Cabo Airport Limo & Private Car Transfers
- Cabo Airport Car Hire/Car Rental
- Cabo Airport Other Ground Transportation
- Cabo Airport Parking & Passenger Pickup
- Cabo Airport Stopover & Layovers
- Closest Airports to SJD Cabo Airport
- Cabo Airport Services & Amenities